If you have been following us for a while, you surely know about the Security for Everyone section, in which we regularly publish reviews of desktop security solutions for Windows. Since we covered most security vendors and their 2011 solutions, we would like to do research on other security related topics which might interests you. Therefore, we want to ask YOU, our readers: what do you want us to cover next in the area of security?
We do have some ideas. The first, on which we already published articles, is about Security on Facebook. We ran a mini-series, which finished with a useful guide about How to Have a Safe & Pleasant Experience on Facebook.
Other ideas which we did not pursue yet, are:
- Anonymity online;
- Using BitTorrents anonymously;
- Setting up a home based VPN;
- Comparisons between “Total" Security Suites and the traditional Internet Security Suites - are they worth the extra money?
- Reviews & benchmarks for free security solutions: free antivirus, antispyware, firewalls, etc.
While we intend to continue with our reviews for security suites, as new versions become
available, we would like to hear which security topics matter most to you:
- Are there specific applications or applications families you'd like us to review?
- Do you have specific security questions you need help answering?
- Are any of the ideas we shared in the previous section relevant for you?
The items above are simply idea starters. We're sure you have plenty more thoughts and we would love to read about them in the comments.