Looking at the calendar, I can’t believe that very soon 7 Tutorials will be two years old. On July 5th, it will be time to celebrate our adventure once again. As usual, we would like to celebrate together with you and reward all our readers with a giveaway. Since 2011 has been the year of our book, we will reward you with thirty (yes... 30) great Step by Step digital books from Microsoft Press. To learn more about the prizes we have and how to win them, open this article.
If you look at all the tech books in this world, there’s one series of books with which our writing style fits perfectly: the Step by Step series from Microsoft Press. Therefore, we got in touch with them and they immediately said yes - Microsoft Press wants to celebrate our 2-year anniversary with us and our readers. They are giving us 10 copies for each of the following three books:
- Windows 7 Step By Step - a great book which we reviewed in the past and we greatly recommend to anybody who wants to learn Windows 7. To quote, Marte Brengle, our book reviewer: ”Windows 7 Step by Step is clearly written, thoroughly illustrated, and comprehensive. It’s a tutorial for beginners and a valuable reference for more experienced users without going over the heads of beginners or talking down to people who have more skill.”
- Microsoft Office Professional 2010 Step by Step - the book’s aim is to teach people how to use Microsoft Office 2010, in a very easy to understand manner, without too much jargon.
- Network Your Computers & Devices Step by Step - we could not have a book giveaway without giving away our book too. To quote again our main book reviewer, Marte Brengle: ”Network Your Computers & Devices should form the backbone of any household’s reference library. The information is easy to find and easy to understand, and the screenshots on each page are a definite plus. Taking complex concepts one step at a time is the best way to insure success, and this book lives up to its promise.”
Each winner will get a digital copy (DRM free) of all these three books. Why these books and not others? By reading them and the content on our website, the winners should have no trouble learning Windows 7, Microsoft Office Professional 2010 and how to build and secure their own home network. Sounds like quite a great package, isn’t it?
How to Win the Three Step by Step Books
In order to be eligible for winning, you need to subscribe to 7 Tutorials by July 10, 2011. You can do this in any of the following ways:
- E-mail newsletter - subscribe using this link, provide a valid e-mail address and you will enter our competition. OR
- RSS feed - subscribe via this link using your favorite feed reader, and send us a screenshot via e-mail with any article from our feed. The e-mail with the screenshot should be sent to ciprianrusen [at] gmail [dot] com. OR
- Facebook updates - subscribe using this link, so that you receive updates from our website via Facebook. There's no need to send us any proof of subscription as we have visibility on who are the people who subscribed.
We would like to reward also our existing subscribers, as we wouldn't have been here today without them. Therefore, everyone that is already an e-mail subscriber or a Facebook fan will be automatically included in the contest. Existing subscribers via these two formats do not need to do anything. People who subscribed via RSS, should send us an e-mail with a screenshot, proving their subscription. They will be automatically included in the giveaway.
When Will We Announce the Winners?
On July 11, we will let our computers randomly pick the winners from all our subscribers and announce the ten happy winners, as follows: four winners from the e-mail subscribers, four winners from Facebook, two winners from the RSS subscribers. All the winners will receive a copy of all three books, in a digital format, readable on any device. They will be contacted via the e-mail address they used to subscribe to the competition or via Facebook (if they subscribed there) in order to clarify the procedure of getting the prizes.
The winners have been extracted: Celebrating 2 Years of 7 Tutorials - Announcing the 10 Winners!.